Instructions for Applicants
As part of your application, you must upload a transcript from EACH AND EVERY post-secondary school you have attended for any period of time (regardless of whether you graduated from the institution, where your final degree(s) was received, length of time you attended, your status, whether the grades earned are also listed on another institution’s transcript, or any other reason). Official transcripts will only be required if you are subsequently offered admission by GSU. If you choose to submit unofficial transcripts and are offered admission, that admission will be conditioned upon submission of official transcripts that confirm the information provided on your unofficial transcripts during the application process. Official transcripts must be received by GSU no later than the first day of classes or the offer of admission shall expire.
Requirements for scanned unofficial transcripts
- Transcripts must be copies of university transcripts. This can either be an official electronic transcript, or a paper copy that you have scanned and uploaded. The document must have one or more of the following features: registrar’s seal, registrar signature, or watermark of the institution. Documents such as self-printed academic histories, web-based academic evaluations, and anything hand-written are not acceptable for review process and should not be uploaded. Doing so will significantly delay the review of your application.
- Transcripts must include your name and the institution’s name.
- Transcripts from institutions granting a degree should indicate the degree and date conferred. If you are currently enrolled in a degree program, you should upload a transcript showing your current term of study. If the degree is listed on a separate diploma or degree certificate page, that will need to be uploaded as well.
- Transcripts must be in English. If not, you will need to include a notarized translation with the original document.
- Transcripts need to be complete and legible. Documents with missing pages or unclear grades are not acceptable. You will be able to preview the uploaded file to ensure that it meets these criteria.
- We reserve the right to accept or reject submissions based on any criteria listed here or that would hinder application review.
- Do not upload documents that are password-protected or contains macros.
- International Credentials Only
- International transcripts must be in English and include mark sheets, degree certification, and the signature of the Registrar.
- If the institution does not provide an English translation, a copy of a certified English translation must be attached at the end of the scanned copy of the transcript.
We understand that some students may be unable to upload transcripts to the application. If you are unable to upload transcripts, please contact your admissions advisor. They can provide you with further instructions as to how to send transcripts directly to our office.
If you are offered admission to a graduate program in the College of Arts and Sciences at Georgia State University, you will be required to submit official transcripts from every post-secondary institution attended. If official transcripts have not been received by the first day of classes, a registration hold will be placed on your account. This hold will prevent you from progressing beyond the first semester until all official transcripts have been received by the Office of Graduate Services. To address any questions regarding this transcript registration hold, please contact your graduate admissions advisor.