You can easily connect with your academic advisor by logging onto the Navigate Student mobile app or to the Navigate web-page found at gsu.navigate.eab.com/ or on your PAWS dashboard. You have received instructions about Navigate through your Georgia State student email. If you need additional assistance please call 404-413-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students are required to apply to graduate a minimum of a semester and a half in advance through their PAWS account.
- Access the application to graduate via student portal (PAWS)
- Submit a one-time, non-refundable graduation application fee of $50 USD
- Receive a graduation audit in your student email
- Review remaining degree requirements with your advisor (OAA-Arts and Sciences, 3rd Floor, 25 Park Place)
- Register for classes immediately for the upcoming semesters
- Students double majoring will need to apply twice, one application per degree (total $100 fee)
Graduation Application Deadlines:
- Fall 2021: Passed. See Below
- Spring 2022: December, 5 2021
- Summer 2022: April 3, 2022
Missed the Fall 2021 Graduation Application Deadline?:
Apply to graduate and submit your $50 app fee via PAWS for next available term.
For Fall 2021 Graduation: Once you have applied to graduate for a future term, please contact your academic advisor to review your same-term graduation eligibility and complete a graduation term petition.
To schedule a VIRTUAL appointment with your assigned advisor, you can either:
Make note of the following graduation requirements: (All requirements must be met by the conferral deadline)
- "C" or higher is required in major and minor courses and other courses as specified in the catalog for students in 2018-2019 and historic catalogs.
- For catalog editions 2019-2020 and onward: Grade of "C-" or better OK within major/minor requirements, as long as each section meets the minimum section GPA of a 2.0. Excludes courses requiring a "C" or higher as a pre-req.
- No more than 12 hours of "D" credit can be applied towards your degree program.
- Georgia State University's academic residency requirement is 39 hours of 3/4000 level courses taken at Georgia State. (This can be completed with major and minor courses)
- Non-course requirements can also affect graduation status (Georgia Constitution/Georgia History).
- Students who have completed HIST 2110 AND/OR POLS 1101 at a non-USG school will be required to pass the Georgia Legislative Exams. For more information about legislative exams, click here. Not sure? Contact your advisor for more info.
- Planning on taking the CLEP exam? Have AP, IB or transfer credit coming in? Make sure to have those items in at least a month prior to graduation. Items need to be submitted to University Admissions.
Curious as to where commencement will be held? Want to order your cap and gown? Make sure to visit GSU's Commencement Office Website for all the information!
Please note that all students graduating in Summer semesters will participate in the Spring (May) commencement exercises and will complete their remaining degree requirements in the Summer.
Participation in commencement does not guarantee a degree will be awarded from Georgia State University. All degree requirements must be fulfilled at the time of conferral.
Georgia State University hosts commencement exercises in Spring (May) and Fall (December) every year.
Meet the CAS OAA Graduation Team:
Joslyn Thomas Sahkia Kawsari Nika Daryooni
Graduation Counselor Graduation Counselor Assistant Director
email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
The college office coordinates senior advisement. Freshman through junior level students seeking advisment receive support from the university advisement office. University offices are open Monday through Friday from 8:30 until 5:15 p.m.