In addition to the general requirements of the College of Arts & Sciences, the Department of World Languages & Cultures has the following requirements:
- An undergraduate degree.
- A complete dossier which must include:
- A letter of intent expressing the objectives of the student in entering the program;
- Two letters of recommendation from people familiar with the candidate’s academic work; and
- A writing sample of an analytical nature in the target language.
- At the discretion of the Graduate Committee, an entrance exam may be required.