- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal statement of 750-1,000 words
- Official transcripts (one from each institution attended)
- Application fee
The following students are eligible:
- Students who are enrolled in an M.A. or Ph.D. program in another department or institute at Georgia State must complete an online application, but existing materials on file with the Graduate Office may be used for the application, and the application fee may be waived. Once you have filled out a new online application for the Certificate program and attached a short personal statement about why you wish to receive the Certificate, contact the WGSS liaison in the Graduate Office [Kirstin Sylvester] to request that your transcripts and letters of recommendation be used for this application as well. Let her know that you are a current student and would like to request the application fee waiver.
- Students who apply solely for the Graduate Certificate in WGSS must submit a complete application for the Graduate Certificate, including fees, to the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Students in the M.A. degree program who are unable to complete the program, but would like to receive the Certificate, may do so if they have fulfilled the Certificate course requirements (five courses with a grade of “B” or better). These students must complete a new online application for the Certificate (rather than M.A.) program but can use the existing materials on file by following the procedure outlined above.