In addition to the general requirements of the College of Arts and Sciences, the Department of Geosciences has the following admission requirements for the Geography Concentration:
- Applicants to the M.S. degree program in Geosciences with Geography concentration must submit three letters of recommendation from professional sources.
- What fields, research areas or topics in Geosciences (Geography, Geology and/or Water Sciences) interest you and why? Which faculty members in our department do you see as potentially providing guidance in helping you to pursue graduate studies in these fields? (max 200 words)
- In your graduate studies, what research approaches and methodologies (i.e. lab, field, modeling, interviews, ethnography, critical digital, GIS, etc.) are you most interested in working with? (max 200 words)
- What professional and personal goals motivate you to pursue graduate studies in the Department of Geosciences at Georgia State University? How will this program help you to achieve these goals? (max 200 words)
- What preparation or experiences have you had that will help you succeed in this graduate program? Please feel free to include examples from outside educational and academic arenas. (max 300 words)
- (Optional) Is there anything in your academic record that is not representative of your potential success in graduate school? Have you had to overcome any hardships or obstacles in your development as a scholar that we should consider as we evaluate your application materials? If so, please feel free to provide any details that you wish to share. (max 200 words)
Review the general requirements for applying to Graduate School at Georgia State.