Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, with a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Admission to the program will be in fall only.
The application must include:
- A portfolio of creative work
- References from at least two former professors or work supervisors
- A writing sample that documents your ability to advance and defend a research-connected and intellectual argument.
- Responses to online prompts that will assist the committee in understanding your background and specific interests in this program.
- Transcripts from all higher education institutions attended.
For first review and consideration for assistantship funding, applications will receive initial consideration after December 1. The final application deadline for program admission is April 1.
Applicants for the Visual Effects and Virtual Production concentration will be evaluated by a graduate admissions committee of the Creative Media Industries Institute and admissions will be processed through the College of the Arts and Sciences.
View details about the application process for the Filmmaking concentration.