M.S. (1967) : Mendeleev Inst. of Chemistry, Moscow, USSR
Ph.D. (1972) : Institute. of Organic Chemistry, Warsaw, Poland
D.Sc. (1976) : A. Mickiewicz University, Poznan, Poland
Postdoctoral Fellowship (1972-1973) : University of Kansas
Since Feb. 2010: Professor of Pharmacology (Poland)
Since Dec. 2011: Professor Emeritus (Department of Chemistry, Georgia State University)
Not involved in active research and teaching since the retirement in December, 2011. After the retirement presented two invited plenary lectures (1)at the 3rd International Conference on Heterocyclic Chemistry, Jaipur, India, December, 2011(received award for the best presentation) and (2) Annual Meeting of the Polish Chemical Society, September, 2013.Editor-In-Chief of the international journal Heterocycl. Commun.
- The –NH-(C=)-Br functionality of heteroaromatic compounds as a synthon for fused dihydrooxazoles. J. Heterocycl. Chem. 48, 720 – 723 (2011).
- Zwitterionic near-infrared fluorophores and their in vivo fate. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. Engl. 50, 6258 – 6263 (2011).
- Pyridine-containing reagents, chapter 8 in E. Scriven, ed. Pyridines: Best Synthetic Methods, Elsevier, 2012.
- Facile synthetic entry into rotationally restricted 9-arylacridines. Heterocycl. Commun. 19, 245-248 (2013).
- Synthesis of 9-(Cn-1F2n-1)-substituted acridine by the reaction of 2-(CnF2n+1)-substituted aniline with ortho-methyl-substituted aromatic Grignard reagent. Heterocycl. Commun. 19, 357-362 (2013).