BS, Medicinal Chemistry, Beijing Medical College, 1982
Ph.D. Dept. of Medicinal Chemistry, University of Kansas, 1991
Postdoc: Dept. of Chemistry, University of Arizona, 1992
Postdoc: Dept. of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of Kansas,1993
Organic Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry
Dr. Binghe Wang is a Regents’ Professor of Chemistry, Georgia Research Alliance Eminent Scholar in Drug Discovery and Georgia Cancer Coalition Distinguished Cancer Scholar. He also serves as Associate Dean for Research, Innovation, and Graduate Studies in the College of Arts and Sciences. Wang has published over 270 scientific papers and trained a large number of graduate and undergraduate students as well as postdoctoral fellows. His research areas include drug design and drug delivery with an emphasis on new drugs against cancer, infectious diseases and inflammatory conditions as well as new diagnostics for cancer, cardiovascular abnormalities and other diseases.
- Dai, C.; Cazares, L.H.; Wang, L.; Chu, Y.; Troyer, D.A.; Semmes, O.J.; Drake, R.R. Wang, B. Using boronolectin in MALDI-MS imaging for the histological analysis of cancer tissue expressing the sialyl Lewis X antigen. Chem. Commun. 2011, 47, 10338-10340.
- Chen, W.; Wang, D.; Dai, C.; Hamelberg, D. Wang, B. Clicking 1,2,4,5-tetrazine and cyclooctynes with tunable reaction rates. Chem. Commun. 2012, 48, 1736-1738.
- Peng, H.; Cheng, Y.; Dai, C.; Wang, B. A Fluorescent Probe for Fast and Quantitative Detection of Hydrogen Sulfide in Blood. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2011, 50, 9672-9675.
- Ke, B.; Chen, W.; Ni, N.; Cheng, Y.; Dihn, H.; Dai, C.; Wang, B. “A Fluorescent Probe for Rapid Aqueous Fluoride Detection and Cell Imaging” Chem. Commun. 2013, 49, 2579-2580.
- Cui, J.; Jin, J.; Hsieh, Y.; Yang, H.; Ke, B.; Tai, P.S.; Wang, B. “Water-soluble Fluorescent Boronic Acid Compounds for Saccharide Sensing: Structural Effect on Their Fluorescence Properties” ChemMedChem, 2013, 8, 1384-1393