Arts & Sciences Part-Time Instructor Appointment Criteria
- An Employee Compensation Agreement must be submitted for a part-time instructor (PTI) candidate who works with another USG institution or for a State of Georgia agency. The required approvals must be obtained prior to the start of the semester.
- If the candidate works for another unit of the Arts & Sciences or Georgia State, the hiring department must request written approval from the department chair/dean of the candidate’s current unit in order to make the hire.
- Prior written approval from the dean and the provost is required if the pay per course fee exceeds $3,500.
Board of Regents Requirements
In instances where the proposed hire (a) does not possess a master’s degree or (b) has a master’s degree but whose teaching assignment is outside the scope of his/her degree, the department must prepare and attach a Board of Regents Exception Statement to the completed hire packet before submission to the college’s Administrative Services office.
Required Hire Forms
- PTI hire packets can be obtained from and must be submitted by email to Lydia Woltz in Administrative Services.
- New hires must also complete an I-9 Verification.
- Who should complete a hire packet?
- New PTI appointments
- Re-hires (individuals who have not worked for at least two semesters)
- Individuals who are changing from another instructional position to a part-time instructor position (e.g., from GTAB to PTI).