The Faculty Affairs team continues to be available to offer support during this time. If you have any questions or concerns please contact Ty Thacker at [email protected].
With the cancellation of conferences, colloquia, and informal brown-bag get-togethers, please consider the following alternative ways to remain connected with colleagues and support one another.
- The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning is introducing faculty support communities on topics that include: Sharing online teaching tips, maintaining research productivity and developing personal coping strategies.
- Georgia State is an institutional member of the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD). In addition to its live and recorded webinars on a range of topics of interest to faculty, such as “Advice for Turbulent Times,” “Reducing Burnout” and “Managing Chronic Illness and Academic Life,” NCFDD has created curated a list of support resources in response to the current climate. Faculty can also sign up for 14-day writing challenges that provide online support and accountability communities. To activate your personal NCFDD subaccount, refer to directions at this link.
Additional support communities for underrepresented minority faculty are being planned by the steering committee implementing the Commission for the Next Generation of Faculty recommendations. More information on these will be forthcoming in a few weeks.
Health and Wellness resources to support you through the COVID-19 emergency are available to faculty and employees at www.usg.edu/hr/benefits/coronavirus. Of particular interest are the following:
- University System of Georgia (USG) employees and retirees are now eligible for free virtual COVID-19 screenings through Augusta University Health System’s AU Health Express Care application.
- USG will continue to cover all telehealth visits, including those unrelated to COVID-19, at 100% with no out of pocket costs for all USG healthcare plans through September 30, 2020.
Georgia State employees who work 20 hours or more and eligible dependents have two resource options at no cost for supportive confidential short-term counseling services.
- Faculty and Staff Assistance is an internal employee assistance program provided through Employee Development and Wellness Services. You may email [email protected] or call 404-413-3342 for additional information. For crisis emergency assistance 24/7, call 404-413-3357.
- KEPRO is a USG-contracted vendor offering a confidential short-term counseling program 24/7. Call 844-243-4440 for assistance with obtaining provider referral(s) or visit the website at www.EAPHelplink.com (password is USGCARES).
- COVID Impact CAS 2020 Annual Review Guidance
- COVID-19 TENURE/PROMOTION CLOCK STOPPAGE FOR 2020-2021
- “Researching Your Research Agenda,” Christine Tulley, Inside Higher Ed 4/2/2020
- “No Room of One’s Own,” Colleen Flaherty, Inside Higher Ed April 21, 2020
- Georgia State’s Response to COVID-19
- GSU Emergency Assistance Fund