Please check back for updates.
Three Lecturer Positions in Biology Department at Georgia State University
The Department of Biology at Georgia State University invites applications for three full-time Lecturer positions to begin in August 2022. The mission of the Department of Biology is to excel in life science research and education. We are committed to the success of our highly diverse student population in the classroom and in their pursuit of competitive academic and professional opportunities after graduation. Lecturers at Georgia State are non-tenure track faculty and have both teaching (80%) and service (20%) requirements. This is a full-time, 9-month, renewable appointment with opportunities for promotion to the ranks of Senior Lecturer and Principal Senior Lecturer.
- A Ph.D. in Biology or closely related field
- Ability to teach biology majors and non-majors in introductory Biology I and/or II courses and/or anatomy and physiology
- Experience integrating active learning to increase student engagement
- Commitment to relate well to students from diverse backgrounds
- Willingness to teach in face-to-face, hybrid, or on-line modalities
- Ability to teach intermediate/advanced courses in our diverse biology curriculum (e.g., cell and molecular biology, genetics, microbiology, organismal biology, evolution, ecology, or human physiology)
- A commitment to departmental, professional, and/or public service
- Experience in cultivating signature experience opportunities (e.g., internships, study abroad, undergraduate research, etc.)
Faculty will have opportunities to engage in professional development activities, including university-level teaching fellowships, extramural training programs, and pedagogical workshops offered by the Center for Excellence in Teaching, Learning, and Online Education (CETLOE). The College of Arts & Sciences supports our faculty in their professional success and representation in program development.
Georgia State campus is recognized as a true representation of the multicultural landscape of our world which promotes building collaborative and productive industry and community. Located in the heart of downtown Atlanta, Georgia State boasts a sprawling urban campus among some of the country’s best restaurants and shopping, sports, and entertainment venues. In the 2022 edition of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Colleges, Georgia State ranks 2nd in both “Most Innovative” and “Best Undergraduate Teaching” in the country.
How to Apply
Applicants should include:
1) A curriculum vitae
2) A statement of teaching philosophy, experience, and interests
3) A statement that demonstrates experience in or commitment to educating a diverse student body and promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in the classroom
4) Contact information for at least three professional references.
All materials should be submitted in a single PDF file via email with the subject line “Biology Lecturer Position” to the search committee chair, at email@example.com.
Screening of applications will begin April 4th and will continue until the positions are filled. An offer of employment will be conditional on background verification. Georgia State University is an equal opportunity employer. It continues to be the policy of the University to implement affirmative action and equal opportunity for all employees, students, contractors, consultants and applicants for employment or admission without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, gender, transgender status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or disability.. Women and minorities are especially encouraged to apply.
Please check back for updates.