Senior Advisement (90+ Credit Hours)
- Apply for graduation through PAWS by the deadline.
- Meet with your Arts and Sciences academic advisor before your final semester.
- Review, sign, and return your graduation audit.
- Arrange an internship or practicum through your academic department.
- Meet with University Career Services for assistance with your resume and job search.
- Research graduate programs, take the required entrance exam, and submit your application(s).
- Plan for Arts and Sciences Recognition Celebration and GSU Commencement.
Office of Academic Assistance
The Office of Academic Assistance (OAA) advises undergraduates in the College of Arts and Sciences with 90 or more credits. Students are advised by appointment or may visit 418 Langdale Hall for brief walk-in consultations. Appointments are scheduled only by phone. We do not schedule walk-in or same-day appointments.
OAA advisors assist students with:
- Selecting courses and planning schedules
- Identifying tutorial programs and academic resources
- Evaluating degree requirements and time frame for graduation
- Understanding remaining requirements through graduation audits
- Interpreting university policies and regulations
Department undergraduate directors and coordinators are available to consult with students on recommended courses, tutorial programs, signature experiences (e.g., internships, research, study abroad), and careers. Students should visit the department early in their degree program.
- Location: Langdale Hall, Suite 418
- Phone: 404-413-5000
- Fax: 404-413-5008
- Mailing Address:
A&S Office of Academic Assistance
P.O. Box 4100
Atlanta, GA 30302-4100