The college provides many resources for program directors of faculty-led summer programs and exchange programs. Prior to initiating an agreement with an institution abroad, all college faculty need to meet with Eric Friginal. Eric will help you through the many considerations when collaborating with a university overseas.
Opportunity for faculty to travel to Venice, Italy
The College of Arts and Sciences has had a relationship with Ca’Foscari University since 1999. Ca’Foscari is the recipient of an Erasmus+ Scholarship that provides mobility scholarships to students, staff, and faculty from the European Union. This year 2016-2017 there is one potential mobility scholarship (19 days + two travel days) for faculty who may be in or conduct research related to Philosophy, Ethic, or Applied Linguistics/languages. This travel would have to take place by July 2017 and involves a two-phase selection process. Please email Laura Castelli to request application materials.
Materials are due by October 7. Additional documents include a letter of interest by a counterpart of the university (Ca’Foscari), a work plan, a copy of your passport, a CV, and a letter of recommendation.
For further details on Ca’ Foscari University academic system and cultural life in Venice have a look at the welcome guide for staff.
Sending Students Abroad
- Faculty-led program administration
- Sample Faculty-Led Program Proposal
- Exchange program administration
- Sponsoring an international independent study or internship
- 2015 Spring Break Study Abroad Programs
- Guidelines and Procedures for Spring Break Study Abroad Proposals
- Sample Spring Break Study Abroad Syllabus 1
- Sample Spring Break Study Abroad Syllabus 2
Hosting Students or Scholars
- Details on Student Exchange Programs
- J-1 Exchange Student Application
- Information about J-1 Exchange Student Admission
- Hosting a Visiting Scholar
- Study Abroad Credit Hour Policy and Worksheet
- Study Abroad Deadline Policy
- Who Can Direct a Study Abroad Program?
International Agreement Support
Globally-Focused Units in Arts and Sciences
- Department of Modern & Classical Languages
- Asian Studies Center
- CENCIA: Center for Collaborative and International Arts
- Center for Human Rights and Democracy
- CIME: Center for International Media Education
- Hellenic Studies Center
- Center for Latin American and Latino Studies
- Middle East Institute