Welcome to Graduate Study in the College of Arts & Sciences
We are thrilled to have you join us! Each fall and spring semester, the Office of Graduate Services will host orientation activities, including our Check-In events. Each fall, these activities will be paired with a day-long university orientation for all incoming graduate students.
The Office of Graduate Services will host two virtual information sessions for newly admitted international students entering Spring 2016. These virtual sessions provide guided assistance with enrollment tasks and practical information as you begin your relocation preparation. During the session, we'll discuss the following:
- Why you should study at GSU
- Pack your bags! How to prepare from your home country
- Learn about life at GSU and in Atlanta
- What to expect once you arrive in your new city
- The opportunity to submit questions to representatives from the Office of Graduate Services and the International Student & Scholar Services Office
Directions and parking for December Check-In & Get Connected events.
G Deck entrance is located at 52 Courtland St SE. It is available to GSU students, faculty, staff and visitors. Disability parking is available. Pedestrians can access the 2nd floor of Classroom South from the 3rd floor of G Deck.
Visitor parking fee is $7.00 and payable by cash, debit, or credit card.
Wednesday, August 12, 2015
- Check-In: Navigating Your Journey from Student to Scholar [12:30 pm - 2:30 pm]
- Faculty Panel [2:45 pm – 3:30 pm]
- Graduate Student Panel [3:45 pm – 4:30 pm]
Check-In: Student Center [West]
66 Courtland Street
Atlanta, GA 30303
Panels: Student Center [East]
55 Gilmer Street
Atlanta, GA 30303
Newly Admitted Students
Newly admitted students with questions may either contact the New Student Advisor or the appropriate Graduate Director.
The New Student Advisor, Mariam Qureshi, is here to lend a helpful hand and see that your transition to graduate school runs smoothly.
The Graduate Director can provide information about degree requirements, course selection, and assistantship/fellowship opportunities.