Welcome to Graduate Study in the College of Arts & Sciences
We are thrilled to have you join us! Each fall and spring semester, the Office of Graduate Services will host orientation activities, including our Check-In events. Each fall, these activities will be paired with a day-long university orientation and college activities for all incoming graduate students.
- Monday, May 23, 2016 [10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.]
- Tuesday, June 14, 2016 [1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.]
- Wednesday, July 13, 2016 [1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.]
- Thursday, August 4, 2016 [10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.]
All Check-In & Get Connected events will be held at:
Classroom South Building, Room 401
38 Peachtree Center Ave. SE
Atlanta, GA 30303
The Office of Graduate Services will host online information sessions (Reddit AMA) for newly admitted international students entering Fall 2016. These online sessions provide guided assistance with enrollment tasks and practical information as you begin your relocation preparation. During the session, we'll discuss the following:
- Why you should study at GSU
- Pack your bags! How to prepare from your home country
- Learn about life at GSU and in Atlanta
- What to expect once you arrive in your new city
- The opportunity to submit questions to representatives from the Office of Graduate Services and the International Student & Scholar Services Office
Reddit AMA Title: We are Graduate School Advisors & Students at Georgia State University – AMA Newly Accepted International Students
- Wednesday, June 29, 2016 [9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.]
- Thursday, July 28, 2016 [9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.]
Directions and parking for May, June, July, and August Check-In & Get Connected events.
Newly Admitted Students
Newly admitted students with questions may either contact the New Student Advisor or the appropriate Graduate Director.
The New Student Advisor, Mariam Qureshi, is here to lend a helpful hand and see that your transition to graduate school runs smoothly.
The Graduate Director can provide information about degree requirements, course selection, and assistantship/fellowship opportunities.